Fast and light are the key targets behind the Erebus. Its simple 2 pole tunnel construction not only keeps its trek weight one of the lowest on the market at 2.33kg, but also provides a super simple to pitch tent with the tunnel style of the tent giving great space to weight ratio. The tunnel tent style provides the greatest space to weight ratio meaning it’s roomy but light.
Designed and tested by the F10 technical team in Scotland, there are lots of useful features aimed at providing in field comforts. Features include a gear loft, side storage and efficient ventilation making this an ideal home from home for the thrill seekers looking to make the most out of the mountains! Other useful features are gothic arch pole structure that increases stability and assists water/snow run-off from the flysheet, O-shaped inner doors are easy to open with one hand and the part mesh inner door make you realise how much thought has gone into making this superb tent as quite frankly who wants to share their tent with midges and other bugs.
The Erebus 3 is a very easy tent to pitch whether its your first time camping or if you are erecting it in the dark the tent will suit all levels of experience without weighing you down. The quality of materials is something that makes this tent stand out as the Duraflex components are strong and reliable and the Yunan Eco Alloy Poles are extremely high quality being strong enough to keep you safe and protected in even some of the strongest wind conditions. Another great feature is the Vivid reflective high strength guylines which combined with the multiple reflective pegging points provide high visibility in low light making this tent easier to pitch especially when its cold or just started to rain so you can cosy up away from the elements.
- Protex 20.SRN – Weighing 42 g/m2, this is a extremely light, ripstop and waterproof fabric
- Yunan Eco Alloy Poles – Extremely high quality poles made with acid free processing by Yunan. These poles provide excellent strength in high winds as well as being very light.
- Flysheet and inner pitch together – Quick and easy to pitch and pack
- Gothic arch pole structure – Increases stability and assists water/snow run-off from the flysheet
- Patented Vango TBS® II Tension Band System – increases tents performance in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole at 3 points, and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS® II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- 70D Nylon 6000mm groundsheet – Highly durable and waterproof
- 15D 28gsm breathable nylon inner tent
- Factory taped seams – All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, giving a water tight seal
- Identical poles – For ease of pitching
- Flysheet door vent – Open from the top to ventilate porch
- Inner pockets – Conveniently positioned pockets for organising essential items
- Line-Lok guyline runners – Lock securely, simple to release and high performance in all conditions
- Multiple reflective points – On pegging points for visibility in low light
- Weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912 by certified test centre
- Fire retardant fabrics – Exceeds European EN5912 safety standard
The F10 Erebus 3 is £400 and is available from www.vango.co.uk
For more great outdoor gear, check out the new Active Affluent feature in the 18th edition of SLOAN! Magazine.