This colourful healthy recipe was created by Sports Nutritionist Renee McGregor and is taken from her Fast Track Nutrition Plan specifically developed for Speedflex, the unique nationwide results-driven, circuit-based HIIT training concept endorsed by Speedflex ambassador Ben Shephard.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 baking potatoes, scrubbed or 1 large sweet potato
- 100g mini pickled beetroot/beets, drained
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 200g cubed feta cheese
- 50g cucumber, cubed
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 85g green olives with chilli (optional)
- 1 handful of chopped coriander/cilantro leaves
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
- walnut oil, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, then bake for 1 hour, or until soft on the inside with a lovely crisp skin.
3. Meanwhile combine all the other salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into chunks and add to the salad.
5. Toss all the ingredients together.
6. Serve with the vinegar and oil on the side so you can add to taste.