Earlier this year Efamol launched EnvirOmega, their first ever vegetarian Omega-3 supplement. EnvirOmega is a fish free, plant based source of DHA and EPA that provides the essential nutrients needed to support normal brain function. By going straight to the natural source of Omega-3; Algal Oil, Efamol have created an environmentally friendly alternative to a fish oil supplement.With more and more people understanding the importance of taking Omega-3’s there has been an increase in unsustainable fishing methods. Countless species of fish are now under threat; causing damage to marine eco-systems. Efamol’s EnvirOmega is both sustainable and renewable.
The main complaint of consumers that take fish oils are they find the smell and taste unpleasant, however, Efamol’s EnvirOmega benefits from having no fishy smell or aftertaste making it considerably more desirable than some of its competitors. Efamol’s EnvirOmega is a taste free supplement that is good for you whilst being kind to the environment.
Omega-3 is an important part of a healthy diet but can often be found lacking in vegetarian diets. Endorsed by the Vegetarian Society, EnvirOmega offers a vegetarian solution to increase DHA levels.
Studies on the Algal Oil contained in EnvirOmega have demonstrated numerous benefits and improvements including a 50% improvement in children’s reading abilities. Dr Alex Richardson, at the University of Oxford, who conducted this study found that; “Using algal oil in school children demonstrated both improved reading ability and also better sleep patterns (the two may well be linked). While other studies conducted with algal oil have demonstrated real benefits in pregnancy and also in the elderly with respect to cognition and memory.”
With EnvirOmega containing 125mg of DHA and 60mg of EPA from pure Algal Oil, it is considered a high strength formula. Efamol have also included 5mg of Vitamin E within this supplement which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
EPA and DHA in general have been shown to play an important role in:-
- Lowering the risk of heart disease – DHA has been shown to lower triglycerides which put you at risk for heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis – EPA + DHA can curb stiffness and joint pain as well as boosting the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Depression – Populations with high levels of Omega-3’s have been shown to have lower rates of depression
- Baby development – DHA has shown to be important for visual and neurological development in infants
- ADHD – Studies show that EPA + DHA can reduce the symptoms of ADHD in some children
- Alzheimers and Dementia – Some research has shown that EPA + DHA may help protect against these diseases
EnvirOmega is suitable for both adults and children over the ages of 3 and contains no yeast, no gluten or gluten derivatives and no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
EnvirOmega is priced competitively at £11.99 for 60 capsules and is available online at www.efamol.com, in most Boots stores and Boots online.