Since 2010, HOKA ONE ONE® has been on a quest to bring ground breaking and elevated benefits to all runners.
The latest addition to the Hoka army, the Challenger ATR 2 addresses the potential weaknesses of the model’s first iteration. The original model made massive waves within the trail running community thanks to the super absorbent midsole and the Challenger ATR 2 has kept this signature maximum-comfort feature.
The ATR utilises a full length CMEVA midsole, providing industry leading cushioning for increased impact protection and stability. Specifically engineered with a low heel-toe differential and a sculpted outsole radius, the ATR encourages a unique natural rolling motion for the wearer. This supports natural form and encourages an efficient, continuous positive rolling motion from heel-strike to toe-off.
For 2016, the Challenger ATR 2 receives an updated fit, with a breathable open mesh construction which allows air to permeate the shoe, generating a foot environment that is both cool and dry. Hoka infuse seamless supportive overlays which provide necessary medial and lateral stabilisation around the midfoot. The seamless interior reduces irritation and blistering, as well as the number of potential weak points throughout the shoe that would otherwise be prone to tearing or breakage. A lightly padded tongue merged onto the upper provides increased protection and comfort across the foot.
Hoka shoes offer a unique rolling motion for the most natural, efficient and effortless stride. To achieve these results the shoe has an extended profile; a logarithmic shape for a smooth progressive rolling motion. There is unsurpassed shock attenuation, a sense of weightlessness and an inherently stable ride which is designed to reduce the fatigue in your feet, legs and core.
Offering the ability to transfer between tarmac and trail, the ATR 2 outsole possesses the ability to adapt to a broad range of terrains. First and foremost a trail running shoes, the ATR 2 is specifically designed for increased surface traction and stability even on the trickiest of terrains.
Challenger ATR 2 Features
- Open Mesh Upper Promotes breathability, ensuring air can reach all confinements of the feet.
- Seamless Supportive Overlays Provide security around the midfoot whilst simultaneously reducing weight.
- Traditional Lacing System– Increases the fit of the shoe promoting a more secure fit.
- Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry Specifically engineered with a low heel-toe differential and a sculpted outsole radius in the heel and toe, encourages a guided foot gait cycle; supports a runner’s form and running mechanics.
- CMEVA midsoleProviding industry leading cushioning for increased impact protection and stability.
- 3mm Molded EVA Possesses a great disposition as a cushioning material, providing structural integrity in the midsole.
- 4.5 mm Heel to Toe Offset Lower drop increasing proprioception for a more responsive ride.
- Ground Contact Geometry Design More of the foot contacts the ground during the gait cycle, encouraging a more stable, efficient run.
- Abrasion Resistant Rubber and Blown Carbon Rubber Deliver an equal balance of durability, grip and traction.
- Trail Specific Outsole Increases traction and stability underfoot for confidence on uneven terrain.
Shop both men’s and women’s Hoka One One running shoes at www.sportsshoes.com/hoka-one-one/