Earlier this year saw the launch of the iBeani™ – a stylish bean bag, specifically designed to hold iPads, tablets or e-readers on any surface at the perfect angle.
The iBeani is the perfect solution for those tired of holding iPads or tablets whilst lying in bed or sitting on the sofa. Whilst other tablet stands will only work on flat surfaces, the iBeani is able to shift its shape to support and keep your device in the position you want, wherever you are. On the train, on the sofa or on a kitchen worktop, the iBeani works everywhere!
The iBeani is manufactured entirely in the UK from carefully selected quality fabrics to ensure customers get the highest quality and durable product possible. There are 20 different variations of the iBeani with different materials and designs such as Harris Tweed tartan, faded blue cord, butterfly, techno black, denim, and many more coming soon to appeal to men, women and children of all ages.
SLOAN! Magazine asked Ashley Freer, Director of the company behind iBeani, to tell us more about this innovative product. Here’s what he had to say, “The iBeani tablet bean-bag cushion was created because we were fed up of having to hold our tablet! It can be so awkward trying to hold with one hand and navigate or type with the other. Having looked at other tablet stands on the market it was clear that each one had their faults, so we decided to create our own. After a lot of research, head-scratching and prototypes, the iBeani tablet bean bag was created, providing a great solution for users of all ages.”
Freer continued, “We are not interested in cheap, mass-produced products. Instead we aim to offer our customers the best, premium brand, quality bean-bags, hand made in the UK. As most manufacturers move to the Far East to reduce costs and maximise profit, we at iBeani love to say ‘we are British and proud of it’”
So how does the iBeani differ from other iPad and tablet stands? Here’s the seven features and benefits the team in the SLOAN! office agreed upon.
1. Handmade in the UK: Unlike most competitors, ALL iBeani products are manufactured in the UK. Meaning they support local companies and suppliers, and everyone involved is paid at least UK minimum wage. Each bean bag is lovingly made by hand.
2. You can use the iBeani bean bag anywhere: On a desk, on your lap, in bed, on the sofa, in the car or on a plane! Unlike other stands, which require hard level surfaces, the iBeani can be used wherever you need to us your tablet.
3. You can change the angle: Depending on where or how you are sat (or slumped!), you may need your tablet to be angled differently. With the iBeani you can easily change the angle to whatever you need.
4. Fits any device: The iBeani bean-bag will fit any tablet device of any size, and any way round.
5. Comfy: Whether resting on your lap or at a desk, the iBeani is adaptable to ensure you have a comfortable experience, with as little strain as possible, avoiding the risks of iPad RSI & iPad Shoulder.
6. Social: The iBeani allows you to get the perfect angle to prop-up your tablet so you can share photos, videos, music or anything with friends and family. It’s also perfect for using with Skype or other video chat services too. Simply put your tablet on the iBeani, get the best angle for your camera and then chat away – gesticulating with both hands as much as you want!
7. Multi-use: The iBeani has many additional uses! Use it as a book stand for the kitchen or office, a steady camera stand when videoing or using long-exposures, or even use it as a handy travel pillow!
To browse the full range of designs or for more information on iBeani check out www.ibeani.co.uk. Prices start at £24.99