Do you have trouble sleeping? Are you up all night tossing and turning? Do you find it hard to drift off? If this sounds like you then help is now at hand. Vitabiotics, the UK’s largest supplier of vitamin supplements for specific life stages, has introduced a new traditional herbal sleep remedy as part of its herbal medicinal range.
Vitabiotics Valerian is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the temporary relief of sleep disturbances and mild anxiety. Each tablet contains 400mg of extract from Valerian root (the equivalent of 2000mg-2400mg Valerian root).
What is valerian?
Valerian is a plant that typically bears clusters of small pink or white flowers and is also one of the most well-known and popular herbal remedies. Herb plants produce and contain a variety of chemical compounds that act upon the body and are traditionally used to prevent or treat disease or promote health and well-being.
Many factors can stop us from getting a good night’s rest and sometimes you may need a little extra support to make sure that you feel well rested and prepared for the day ahead.
As well as taking Vitabiotics Valerian before you go to bed, when you feel that you just can’t drift off, here are few tips that will help you get a good night’s sleep…
• Set a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night. Try not to break this routine too often.
• Be smart about napping. While taking a nap can be a great way to recharge, it can sometimes make sleep problems worse. If sleep disturbances are a problem for you, consider eliminating napping. If you must nap, do it in the early afternoon, and limit it to thirty minutes.
• Avoid before bed snacks, particularly grains and sugars. These will raise your blood sugar and delay sleep or you may wake up and be unable to fall back asleep.
• Take a hot bath or shower before bed. Taking a hot shower or bath before bed helps bring on sleep because they can relax tense muscles.
• Exercise. Twenty to thirty minutes of exercise every day can help you sleep, but be sure to exercise in the morning or afternoon. Exercise stimulates the body and aerobic activity before bedtime may make falling asleep more difficult.
• Sleep in peace. Sleeping with the TV off is more peaceful and less noisy. Sleeping without loud distractions is best for a clearer mind. If you like to listen to music before bed, try listening to something that is peaceful and calming.
Vitabiotics Valerian RRP £9.95 for 30 tablets. Available from Boots, Tesco, Waitrose and Holland & Barrett.