The Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer is the perfect choice if you are looking for a reasonably priced tumble dryer for tenants in your buy-to-let properties or a convenient option for occasional use in your country home or holiday cottage.
With a roomy drum allowing for an 8kg drying load, the Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer is an ideal laundry solution for any medium-sized household needing to dry a week’s worth of laundry.
As it is a condenser tumble dryer, the Hisense DCGE802B tumble dryer collects moisture in a condensate tank. The tank is very easy to empty and a symbol will light up on the control panel to remind you to do this at the end of each cycle.
Once the drying programme has finished, the Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer can carry on gently tumbling for up to 3 hours which means your clothes won’t be creased even if you can’t remove them from the dryer as soon as they are dry which is normally recommended to prevent creasing.
The net filter housed in the door of the DCGE802B tumble dryer will collect lint and the control panel helpfully reminds you to clean the filter after each cycle is completed.
The Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer features a comprehensive range of 16 drying programmes with a setting for pretty much every item of clothing and materials you own. These are:
- 30′ Dry – a timed programme lasting 30 minutes
- 60′ Dry – a timed programme lasting 60 minutes
- 90′ Dry – a timed programme lasting 90 minutes
- Air Refresh – freshen up your clothes in just 30 minutes
- Baby Care – to dry baby clothes
- Bedding – to dry sheets, duvet covers and larger items with adjusted drum rotation to prevent laundry from tangling
- Cotton Iron – to leave cotton laundry slightly moist and ready for ironing
- Cotton Storage – to achieve cupboard dry cotton laundry
- Cotton Standard – to dry regular cotton laundry
- Delicates – to dry highly delicate laundry made from synthetic fibres (use a laundry bag)
- Down Wear – to dry pillows, duvets, jackets and other textiles stuffed or padded with down
- Mix Iron – to dry laundry made of a mixture of synthetic and cotton fibres
- Mix Storage – to achieve cupboard dry mixed fibre laundry
- Shirts – to dry shirts and blouses with adjusted drum rotation to prevent creasing
- Sportswear – to dry clothing with a membrane, sportswear made of mixed materials, and breathable fabric
- Wool – a short programme to soften or fluff clothes made of wool and silk
The Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer has a user-friendly interface for easy operation. The traditional programme selector knob for the drying programme settings plus the more modern touch screen elements of the control panel together makes for one of the easiest to use tumble dryers available.
The control panel features touch screen controls for the following operations:
- Gentle Care – to dry clothes at a lower temperature
- Extra Dry – to dry clothes for longer in 3 increments
- Start Delay – to set a timer to delay the start of the dryer
- Anti-Crease – gentle tumbling for 1, 2 or 3 hours after drying cycle finishes to avoid creasing
One of the features of the Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer that we liked the most was the fact that it boasts one of the largest porthole doors on the market which makes loading and unloading the DCGE802B tumble dryer super easy and convenient.
We also liked the Air Refresh technology which allows you to freshen up your clothes in just 30 minutes by removing any everyday odours so your clothes are ready to wear again, without the need for washing.
The Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer also features a start delay control, so you can pre-determine when you would like the dryer to start, either when it is more convenient for you, or set it for a time when it is cheaper to run, like through the night.
While in operation, there is a danger of hot surfaces because at higher drying temperatures, the door glass will heat up so you need to be careful to avoid burns and make sure children do not play near the door glass. However, we also noticed that condensate accumulated on the interior of the door so we would recommend wiping the door with a soft dry cloth after each use or leaving the door open if safe to do so (i.e. in homes without young children).
The Hisense DCGE802B condenser tumble dryer is priced at £349 and is available from AO.com